Seoul reported this this morning. Diplomatic envoys from Japan, South Korea and the United States are in Washington to discuss a joint strategy toward the North Korean regime. Experts, "Internal difficulties may be over."
Seoul (AsiaNews/Agencies) - North Korea has launched another ballistic missile toward the Sea of Japan. This was reported by The Joint Chief of Staff (Jcs) in Seoul, explaining that the rocket was launched from a submarine from the port of Sinpo (in East Korea) at 10:17 this morning.
"The intelligence authorities of South Korea and the United States are currently conducting a thorough analysis regarding additional information," the JCS said in a text message sent to reporters.
Meanwhile, diplomatic envoys from Japan, South Korea and the United States are in Washington to discuss a joint strategy toward Pyongyang and convince the communist regime to return to the negotiating table. "The US continues to reach out to Pyongyang to restart dialogue," Kim said after meeting with his South Korean counterpart in Washington on Monday. "We harbour no hostile intent towards (North Korea), and we are open to meeting with them without preconditions."
The two discussed South Korean President Moon Jae-in's recent proposal to sign a peace treaty with Pyongyang to end the 1950-53 Korean War, which never formally ended, and Kim Sung is scheduled to travel to Seuol later this week.
The communist regime has increased its military activity in recent weeks, testing a long-range cruise missile and a (presumed) hypersonic missile last month. Despite the resumption of lines of communication between North and South, the missile tests of late have dampened Seoul's optimism.
Chad O'Carroll, CEO of Korea Risk Group said on Twitter: "North Korea's renewed testing of ballistic missiles suggests the worst of domestic hardship between summer 2020-2021 could be over. Pyongyang tends to focus on one big strategic issue at a time, so the renewed testing could suggest military – later foreign policy – now priority."