No significant breakthrough in the investigation, but inquires continue. Protestant and Catholic groups are organizing an interfaith pilgrimage (26-29 November) in memory of Fr Fausto.
Manila (AsiaNews) - 40 days on from the assassination of Father Fausto Tentorio, the PIME (Pontifical Institute for Foreign Missions) missionary priest shot dead on October 17
last in Arakan (Mindanao), there are still no breakthroughs in the investigation. Meanwhile, the life of the faithful in his parish continues "as usual", local sources tell AsiaNews.
"The work for the promotion of the tribal - explain the sources - is continuing as before even if in different ways, it has not stopped. It is sometime difficult to understand certain mechanisms, Fr. Fausto was the only one directly involved with these people, but we will pursue as best we can what he started. " In short, sources said, the annual Congress for the tribals will go ahead, scheduled for early October but postponed on account of the missionary’s death.
Meanwhile, some groups, Catholics and Protestants in the Diocese of Kidapawan have organized a religious pilgrimage (26-29 November) in memory of Fr Tentorium. Fr. John King, regional superior of PIME in the Philippines, said: "It is a march that starts from Davao, Kidapawan and other surrounding areas, and arrives in Arakan Valley, to visit the places where Fr Fausto has lived and worked. On the morning of the 29th we will return to Kidapawan, where he was buried, before returning home. " In addition to Fr. Tentorium, the groups will march to remember the other priests and Catholics, who were killed for their work with the poor and the marginalized.
Investigations into the assassination of Fr Fausto, said Fr King, "continue, but so far have not led to anything significant. They are trying to narrow the field to figure behind the order to kill him. Hoping to find the perpetrator and then find out the truth. "